Friday, January 8, 2010

Can I put zinc pill powder directly on a pimple?

I know that zinc pills and zinc cream can improve acne. I have been taking 1 zinc supplement (50mg) for the last 3 weeks. Does anyone have an opinion of whether or not I can put crushed zinc pill powder directly on a pimple. I have a miny breakout that I would like to clear asap and I though maybe zinc would help.





Thanks,Can I put zinc pill powder directly on a pimple?
I would not do it. Zinc pill powder is not formulated to be used directly on a pimple. Remember, zinc is also a metal and how do you know what effect it will have when you put it in contact directly with your blood capillaries?





There used to be a product for athlete's foot called ';Ting'; which contained zinc oxide. Always an experimentor, I did use that for the occasional pimple. It burned, but the pimple cleared up. Pimple medications have come a long way in 25 years. The products on the market today are very good. Stick with the tried-and-true products containing salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.

No comments:

Post a Comment