Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How to get rid of foot ordor?I have tried I have wash my tennis shoes,(work shoes) use sprays and powders.?

Nothing have work. I even threw away my a pair of my work shoes. Believe my I do bath every day with soap and water.Help!How to get rid of foot ordor?I have tried I have wash my tennis shoes,(work shoes) use sprays and powders.?
Foot odor is caused by bacteria. Soak all your socks in bleach and water over night. Wash your shoes and socks in bleach and water.


Soak your feet in a mild solution of bleach and water. (I know everyone says bleach is so bad, but I have never had a problem.) If you just don't want to bleach your feet, soak them in baking soda and water.


Keep your feet as dry as possible. As soon as you get home from work take off your shoes and set them outside, rinse your feet, and just run around in bare feet , or socks. Let your feet gets some air. Setting your shoes outside will make sure they are completely dry before you were them again


I have two teenage boys that had terrible stinky feet, and this works.How to get rid of foot ordor?I have tried I have wash my tennis shoes,(work shoes) use sprays and powders.?
I prefer Zederna insoles. They are made from cedarwood which binds moisture (the main reason for foot odor) and additionally has important antibacterial effects. Maybe you give it a try. Report Abuse

Causes


Foot odor may be caused by sweaty feet and rapidly growing bacteria.





Prevention


To avoid foot odor, use preventive measures. Wear cotton socks, as they will absorb perspiration and allow the feet to breathe better than synthetic ones. Leather or open shoes (sandals) are better than synthetic ones. Change your shoes daily in order to give them a chance to dry out. Buy a foot scrubber at your pharmacy and scrub your feet.





Remedies


Folk


Alum Purchase some alum in the spice section of your supermarket. Mix one teaspoon with one or two gallons of water in a container, and soak your feet for 30 minutes; rinse with clear water; repeat after four days. If you do this once a month it will eliminate foot odor. Courtesy James H. Mary.





Antiperspirant Spray the bottom of your feet with an antiperspirant. This will stop the wetness, and, hopefully, the cause of the odor. Note: if you also have cracked skin it may be cleared up, too, but the antiperspirant may irritate the skin.





Apple cider vinegar To control the odor, soak your feet several times a week in one-third cup of vinegar added to a small pan of warm water.





Baking soda Sprinkle baking soda inside your shoes to absorb moisture and odors.





Radishes Juice about two dozen radishes, add 1/4 teaspoon of glycerine, and put in a squirt or spray-top bottle. Use as an underarm deodorant or to reduce foot odor.





Soap Wash your feet daily with soap (an antibacterial soap is preferable). Make sure you dry your feet and toes thoroughly. This will get rid of dead skin where the bacteria may be growing.





Tea Boil a quart of water and add 5 tea bags. After the water cools, soak your feet for 30 minutes. The tannin in the tea is an astringent, which will prevent your feet from perspiring.





Zinc Take a zinc supplement, or make sure you are getting at least 15 milligrams in your multi-vitamin. This remedy should reduce or eliminate the odor within a week or two. If it starts coming back, increase the amount to 100 milligrams for a few days. The zinc may make the skin more resistant to the bacteria causing the odor. Don't take more than 15 mg. of zinc for more than a week or two without medical supervision as high levels of zinc can interfere with the absorption of copper.





Zinc oxide Find a foot deodorant containing zinc oxide and herbs.
Just wear sandals without socks so your feet can always get fresh air. Your feet may get a little cold in the winter but anyway they will not give off any order.
do you gert the nasty *** calusses on the bottom of your feet? I have to use a pumice stone to make my feet acceptable to show in public and it happened to help with some of the stink. Change the socks at noon
What used to work for me was putting charcoal in my shoes overnight, every night. Also, only wearing cotton socks because the all natural fibre helps with odour. You could try the wool socks with the built in wick away moisture feature. On the same thought train, shoes that are made out of non synthetic materials are better, especially leather. Leather will help keep the odour down. What she said about the medical problem is true, but I don't think you would need to worry about it. My doctor also suggested to me to walk in bare feet in cat litter when entering the house. It seemed to work, too. I hope it helps!
It may not be your feet. I had the same problem for years Believe me I didn't want to be in the same room as my feet.I went to a herbalist for another issues and the foot odor problem came up. The herbalist told me it had to do with toxins in my body. She gave me some inexpensive herbs and with in a week the odor was almost gone. It has been 8 years and still no odor
People that usualy have smelly feet, need more zinc in their diet.
Wash with an antibacterial soap like Dial. Then use some foot powder that absorbs. Of course, I'm assuming you wear cotton socks each day. Maybe some essential oil foot sprays might work for you or something with alcohol in it bc that dries. Your feet prob. just sweat more than average. If all else fails, see a doc to make sure you don't have an infection or fungus.
If medicated powders and sprays aren' working it may be a medical condition...go see your Dr..it is usually cured by paiting the botom of your feet with formaldihyde
May need to get something for atheletes foot. Still need to wash them everyday. You got bacteria under the toe nails.
Do you know someone in a lab (or a school lab)? You could ask them for a small bottle of formaldahyde...tell them what you want to do with it.


Here's how it works:


Put about 1 Tablespoon into a pail of water, and soak your shoes %26amp; your sox in this 'bath' overnight. (O/C your shoes will take awhile to dry, so you'll need another pair to wear while these dry).


You can put your FEET in this solution too for about 15 minutes or so. (Ask the lab clerk how long).


THIS FLAT OUT WORKS


I think it's a condtion you'll outgrow someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment