Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I have a cast on my foot.How can I keep it from getting ';funky';...aside from keeping it dry? Baking powder?

Yeah I got this cast and who knows how much longer I have to wear it. I've kept it dry,but I know it'sgoing to get funky and smelly soon. What can I do or use to keep that from happening? Can't let this effect my ';social life'; lol!!! Thought about baking powder...what does anyone suggest? What's worked for anyone?I have a cast on my foot.How can I keep it from getting ';funky';...aside from keeping it dry? Baking powder?
Let it get plenty of fresh air %26amp; keep it uncovered as much as possible. My daughter had great success wearing negative ion socks which helped prevent perspiration %26amp; odour when she had her foot in a cast too. If u rest your foot it will get better quicker too.I have a cast on my foot.How can I keep it from getting ';funky';...aside from keeping it dry? Baking powder?
Not baking powder. Preferably keep it dry and avoid activities that make you sweat. Elevate unless you are advised to maximize bloodflow for healing, which also makes heat and swelling. Not much you can do but put up with it. Good luck!
Try regular powder, NOT baking powder.That may make it itch. I would either do that or let it air out with no covering as in no sock or such. I would not let the smell get the best of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment